Describe when someone gave you something you really wanted /a gift your received
You should say:
Who gave it to you
What was the thing
When you received it
Why do you need it?
How you felt about it
- When I think about receiving a gift that I really wanted, the first thing that comes to mind is a watch that my mother gave me on my 18th birthday.
- It was a gift that I had been hoping for, and I was so thrilled when I finally received it.
- My mother was the one who gave me the watch.
- She knew that I had been wanting a nice watch for a while, and she decided that my 18th birthday would be the perfect occasion to give it to me.
- I was really touched by the gesture, and I felt like she had put a lot of thought into the gift.
- The watch itself was a silver dress watch with a black leather strap.
- It was simple and elegant, and I knew that it would go well with just about any outfit.
- It was exactly the kind of watch that I had been looking for, and I was so excited to wear it.
- I received the watch on my actual birthday, which was a very special day for me.
- I remember opening the box and seeing the watch for the first time.
- It was so beautiful and shiny, and I couldn’t wait to try it on.
- When I put it on my wrist, it fit perfectly, and I knew that it was going to be a gift that I would treasure for years to come.
- The reason why I needed this watch was because I didn’t have one before.
- I always admired people who wore watches because it added to their personality and was a fashion statement as well.
- I always felt incomplete without one.
- Moreover, I was about to start college soon and I thought that it would be a great accessory to carry on my wrist which would not only help me in keeping a track of time but also add to my overall personality.
- Overall, I was absolutely thrilled with the watch that my mother gave me.
- It was exactly what I had been hoping for, and I knew that I would treasure it for many years to come.
- Whenever I wear the watch, I am reminded of my mother’s thoughtfulness and how much she cares for me.
- It is a gift that I will always cherish, and I feel so lucky to have received it.
- In conclusion, the watch that my mother gave me on my 18th birthday was a gift that I really wanted and was very special to me.
- It was something that I needed and had been hoping for, and I was thrilled to finally receive it.
- The watch was a beautiful silver dress watch with a black leather strap and was simple yet elegant.
- I received it on my actual birthday, which made the gift even more special, and I felt really touched by my mother’s thoughtfulness.
- Whenever I wear the watch now, I am reminded of that special day and how lucky I am to have such a caring mother.
1. What is the relationship between shopping and economy of your country?
Shopping is a significant contributor to the economy of many countries. It generates employment opportunities and revenue for businesses, and it stimulates economic growth. In my country, shopping plays a crucial role in the economy, particularly during festivals and special occasions when people tend to shop more. This leads to an increase in consumer spending, which ultimately benefits the country’s economic growth.
2. What are the things young people like to buy?
Young people like to buy various items, including trendy clothes, shoes, accessories, gadgets, and entertainment items like music and movies. They are interested in staying up-to-date with the latest fashion and technology trends. They often prioritize brands that are popular among their peers and actively seek to maintain their social status through their purchases.
3. How your friends influence your shopping choice?
Friends can significantly influence a person’s shopping choices. Their opinions and recommendations can influence a person’s decision-making when shopping. For example, if a friend recommends a product, a person may be more inclined to purchase it, even if they weren’t originally interested in it.
4. Is consumption important to a country?
Consumption is a crucial element of a country’s economy. Consumer spending drives the production and sales of goods and services, which stimulates economic growth. It creates jobs and business opportunities and contributes to a country’s GDP.
5. What should parents do when their children ask for things their friends have?
When children ask for things their friends have, parents should first try to understand why their child wants the item. They can explain the value of money and discuss whether the item is necessary or not. Parents can also encourage their children to save their money to buy the item themselves, which can teach them about budgeting and financial planning.
6. Why do people buy things that are not necessary?
People often buy things that are not necessary due to various reasons such as peer pressure, marketing tactics, or to satisfy their emotional needs. Marketers often use persuasive tactics, such as creating a sense of urgency or scarcity, to encourage people to buy things they may not need. Emotional shopping can also be a way to deal with stress, anxiety, or other emotional issues.
Here is the list of the latest Speaking cue cards which are released every four months.
Click here to see the latest cue cards list
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.