Describe a park or a garden in your city
You should say:
When you often go there
Where it is
Who you often go there with
What it is like
And explain why you like to visit it
- The park or garden I like to visit in my city is called ‘The Botanical Garden’.
- It’s located in the center of the city and it’s a very popular spot for people of all ages.
- I often go to the Botanical Garden with my family, which includes my parents, siblings, and occasionally my grandparents.
- It’s a great place to spend some quality time together, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- The Botanical Garden is a very beautiful place.
- It’s full of colourful flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- There are also plenty of pathways and benches scattered around so visitors can sit, relax, and enjoy the view.
- The garden also has a small lake with a bridge over it, which adds to the charm of the place.
- I like visiting the Botanical Garden because it’s a very peaceful and calming place.
- I find it very relaxing to just sit and take in the beauty of the garden.
- It’s also a great place to take a break from the stress of everyday life.
- The Botanical Garden is also a great place to take photos.
- With its lush greenery and colourful flowers, it’s a great spot for taking photos of nature.
- It’s also a popular spot for families to take photos together, as it’s quite a large area and there are plenty of spots to take pictures.
- Overall, the Botanical Garden is a great place to visit.
- It’s also a great place to take pictures of nature and spend quality time with family and friends.
- Botanical Garden: A park or garden containing a variety of plants and trees, usually open to the public for recreational activities.
- Peaceful: Quiet and calm; free from disturbance.
- Lush: Very green and full of vegetation.
- Greenery: Plants and vegetation.
- Colourful: Having bright and varied colours.
- Pathways: A route or track made for walking, usually made of paving stones or brick.
- Bench: A long seat made of wood or stone.
- Relax: To make or become less tense, anxious, or uneasy.
- Stress: A state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.
Q1. Do young people like to go to parks?
Yes, young people generally like to go to parks as it is a good place to relax and spend time with friends.
Q2. What do old people like to do in parks?
Old people often enjoy activities such as walking, bird watching, or simply sitting on a bench to enjoy the atmosphere.
Q3. What benefits can parks bring to a city?
Parks can bring many benefits to a city, such as providing green spaces for recreation, promoting health and wellbeing, and providing habitats for wildlife.
Q4. What are the benefits of going to the park for young people and old people?
Going to the park can help young people to stay active and socialize, while for older people it can provide a pleasant environment to relax and stay healthy.
Q5. Why do some people like planting flowers?
Some people enjoy planting flowers because it is rewarding to see the fruits of their labor, and it can also be a peaceful and calming activity.
Q6. Would you say people should help maintain public parks and gardens?
Yes, people should help maintain public parks and gardens as it is important to keep them in good condition for everyone to enjoy.