Describe an activity you do to keep fit
What the activity is
When and where you usually do it
How you do it
Explain why it can keep your fit
- Well, being healthy is more important than anything else in this world.
- So, many people like to take part in certain activities to keep themselves fit and active.
- Here, I would like to talk about the fitness activity that I do every day to improve my fitness level, which is cycling.
- I go for cycling every day in the morning at 6 am with my friend Mike.
- We usually ride our bicycles alongside the canal, which leads to the outskirts.
- Due to less pollution and traffic, we not only enjoy cycling but also the green environment.
- I never miss taking my water bottle with me to keep myself hydrated.
- The reason for cycling is that I recently put on excessive weight on my body due to my sedentary lifestyle.
- At the same time, this triggered other health problems in my body as well.
- When I got to know about Mike’s cycling habit, I discussed with him regarding joining in this activity.
- Initially, it was extremely difficult for me to ride a bicycle for a long time because of my stamina.
- But, after a few days, I became habitual of cycling and started enjoying it.
- Now, it’s been almost two months since I started this activity.
- I must say I feel more productive and active after riding the bicycle.
- This activity helps me burn excessive calories and fat, which eventually helps me to get back into good shape.
- So, cycling is the activity that I do regularly to keep fit and active.
- What do old people in your country do to keep fit?
I would say older people generally go for walks either in the morning or evening as per their choice and time. They visit nearby parks, where they do some jogging, walking and yoga. Also, some might avoid consuming junk food and sugary drinks to keep themselves fit and healthy.
- What kinds of sports are popular in India?
All types of sports activities are famous among Indian people. Most individuals love playing cricket, as it is the most popular sport in India. Some like to play football, badminton, volleyball, etc. I personally spend some time playing cricket with my friends on the weekends, when I am usually free.
- Do you think young people should play dangerous sports?
I believe it’s a matter of individual choice. If anyone wants to take part in dangerous sports, they should be allowed. But, they should do such activities under the supervision of experts or their guidance.
- What else people can do to keep fit besides sports?
I think individuals should add more fruits, vegetables, and nuts to their diet in order to keep themselves fit and active. By consuming a balanced diet, they will not become overweight, which is the key attribute of various health issues.
- What can parents do to make their children like sports?
I would say parents can become an example for their kids, as kids learn many things just by following their parents. If parents lead an active lifestyle, then children will also follow them. Moreover, they can make them join sports clubs, so they can regularly play outdoor sports.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.