Describe a time when you organized a happy event successfully
You should say:
What was the event?
How did you prepare for it?
Who helped you to organize it?
And explain why you think it was a successful event.
- Well, celebrations provide us the opportunity to share our happy moments with loved ones.
- Here, I would like to talk about a time when I successfully organised a very special event.
- Actually, a couple of months back, there was an occasion of my parents’ silver jubilee anniversary for which my brother and I were very excited.
- We wanted to give them a surprise party, so we can make them feel special.
- As our parents are working, they generally remain at work and we stay at home.
- Therefore, we had enough time to make all the arrangements.
- Initially, we watched some YouTube videos to get some ideas about organising this event.
- First of all, we sent invitations to all close relatives and also instructed them to keep everything secret.
- Then, we ordered a cake, snacks and soft drinks from a very famous bakery in our town.
- On that particular day, when our parents left home, we began decorations.
- We used balloons, artificial flowers, and lights to decorate the living room, as it’s quite spacious.
- At the same time, we made a special arrangement for the music to dance on musical beats.
- As soon as our parents entered the house, everyone started singing the anniversary songs in the evening.
- I have to say, my parents were amazed to see the arrangement and everyone there.
- They cut the cake and received many wishes and gifts from our loved ones.
- Everyone enjoyed the food and drinks and danced to traditional songs.
- My parents really appreciated our efforts and thanked us to make their day so special.
- So, that was the event that I was able to organise successfully.
1 How can parents help children to be organized?
Well, parents can inculcate organizational skills among their kids by becoming an example for them. They should themselves follow a proper schedule for their daily activities, which would motivate their children to do the same and become organised.
2 On what occasions do people need to be organized?
I believe individuals always need to be organised because it is really essential in today’s lifestyle. These days, there are many types of disturbances that people face in daily lives. So people should have good organisational ability to achieve their targets.
3 Does everything need to be well prepared?
To be honest, it is extremely difficult to prepare everything in detail. This is because we always need some types of changes as per the situation while doing anything important. For example, while giving a presentation, we need to modify many things as per the present situation even if we are well prepared.
4 Do people need others’ help when organizing things?
I would say it completely depends on the type of event. If the event is the bigger one, then we need a few people who can handle some tasks, so everything can be managed on time. But if the event is smaller one, then one can easily make all arrangements on their own.
WHAT IS IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
Click here to see the latest cue cards list
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.