Describe a time when someone asked for your opinion
You should say:
Who asked for your opinion?
Why did he/she want to know your opinion?
What opinion did you give?
And explain how you felt when he/she asked for your opinion.
- In my country, people usually ask for opinions from their elders or seniors.
- Similarly, a few days back, my younger cousin who has just started college after 12th grade asked my opinion.
- She asked my opinion because I am the eldest of all my siblings and cousins.
- So maybe she thought I am more experienced in our age-group.
- Actually, her college is 50 kms away from home and she was traveling daily from home to college, instead of staying in the college hostel.
- So, she asked me what would be right for her, whether everyday travel or staying in the hostel.
- Therefore, I told her that staying in a hostel will be a better option for her.
- Since everyday it would consume her 2.5 hours in commuting as well as it leads to unnecessary stress of taking a public vehicle for the same.
- Apart from this, she will be unable to embrace the hostel life which is great fun.
- As she can participate in sports and other co-curricular activities while staying at the hostel.
- Also, by staying in the hostel she can socialize with more people which will enhance her interpersonal skills.
- Because there are many international students who stay in her college hostel, interaction with them can improve her proficiency in foreign languages as well.
- Last but not the least, I told her that by staying in the hostel, she can study in groups with her classmates which will help her significantly in grasping the tough topics.
- However, if she does daily commute, that will not only kill much of her time but also cause more exertion which ultimately can affect her academic performance.
- So, this was all about the time when someone asked my opinion.
1. Why do some people dislike giving their opinions?
Perhaps, some people are introverts and don’t like to express themselves, therefore they dislike giving opinions on just anything to anyone.
2. Are there any apps designed for collecting opinions about products or services?
Yes, there are various apps which particularly work in collecting opinions regarding any product or opinions. Like recently, I came across an app which is designed by a dentist to survey regarding the oral hygiene awareness among people.
3. Why do people like to express their opinions on the Internet nowadays?
People like to express their opinions on the Internet because this way they can easily and quickly put forward their point without any kind of pressure. Also, one can spread his idea to a large audience.
4. What are the disadvantages of sharing opinions on the Internet?
The major disadvantage of sharing opinions online is that it attracts criticism at a larger scale since there are always many people who would take the same opinion on the negative side.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.