Describe something important that you lost
What it was
How you lost it
Why was it important to you
How you felt when you lost it
- In this fast-paced world, it is quite common for people to lose their belongings, especially while traveling.
- Here I would like to talk about a time when I lost my wallet while traveling on a bus.
- Actually, a couple of months back, I went to Amritsar with my friend to pay obeisance at Golden Temple.
- The next day, we boarded a bus to come back to our city Ludhiana.
- There was so much crowd everywhere because it was a Sunday.
- When I arrived home, I realized that I lost my wallet.
- I thoroughly checked in the bag as well as asked my friend, but I did not find it anywhere.
- I got a little worried because my wallet contained some cash, my driver’s license, an ATM card and my student ID.
- In order to secure my banking, I immediately called the bank customer care and blocked my ATM card.
- All my possessions were important to me because it was very risky to drive my bike without having my license.
- At the same time, I could not appear for my exams in the absence of my student ID, which was mandatory for all students to sit in exams.
- But, somehow I had to convince my teachers to allow me to sit in exams without my student ID card.
- I have to say I was very tense after losing my wallet and belongings.
- As I could not do anything, I tried to shift my focus to other things to forget about my loss.
- So, that was the precious thing that I recently lost.
- What kinds of people may lose things often?
I don’t think any particular kind individuals lose their belongings. Everyone loses their items once in their lives due to certain reasons. Sometimes people are not very organized or some do not keep their items at their proper place.
- What can we do to prevent losing important things?
I would say individuals should start keeping their items in their designated place, so they cannot lose them and find them easily in need. Also, they may make secure notes on their mobiles about the location of their important items.
- What would you do if you saw something valuable but didn’t belong to you on the street?
Well, I will surely try my level best to find its owner, so I can give them their item back. If I will not able to find it, I will share the photo of that items on social media and urge people to share it, so it can reach its owner. Finally, I can get the help of the police.
- What kinds of things have you lost so far?
To be honest, I’m a very organized person, so I always keep my things safe and in their proper place. Apart from losing my wallet, fortunately I haven’t lost anything.
- What do you usually do to look for lost items?
I would say firstly I try to look for my lost item where I might have kept it. Also, I will enquire about it to my parents and siblings, so if they know about it, they can help me find it.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.