Describe a skill that you learned from older people
You should say
What is the skill?
Who did you learn it from?
How did you learn it?
And how do you feel about it?
- Well, older people always teach valuable lessons to youngsters because of their experience.
- Here, I would like to talk about a skill that I learned from my grandfather, which is communication skill.
- My grandfather is a retired principal, who has lifelong experience in teaching.
- He always tries his best to help out children in their studies.
- A couple of years back, when he got to know that I’m terrible at communicating with someone, he decided to improve my speaking skills.
- Actually, I couldn’t even speak properly with someone due to my nervousness and a lack of confidence.
- So, I started taking classes from him every day after my school hours.
- Initially, he used to teach me the basics of speaking, like introducing yourself, greeting someone, showing gestures, etc.
- I have to say, due to lack of confidence, it was very difficult for me to understand everything.
- But, thanks to my grandfather, who kept motivating me throughout the journey.
- At the same time, he suggested that I should concentrate on other essential areas, like voice modulation, body language, and eye contact, which play an important role in public speaking.
- I also used to practice in front of the mirror or with my grandfather, so I could gain confidence.
- After two months, I was able to see a dramatic improvement in my speaking, as I learned so many important things.
- Now, I am quite confident with my communication skills and I never miss any chance of beginning a conversation with someone.
- So, that was the skill that I acquired from my grandfather.
- What can children learn from their parents?
Children learn many important things from their parents, like manners, communication skills and behaviour. These things influence their lives more than anything else. Apart from this, they learn other things, like utilizing money and resources, honesty, punctuality, etc.
- What knowledge can children learn from their grandparents?
I think kids can acquire knowledge related to the history of their nation or religion from their grandparents. They can easily teach such things to their grandchildren through storytelling, which is very interesting and enjoyable for kids. Moreover, they can learn about culture and traditional values from their elders.
- What kind of help do you think older people need?
I would say older people need someone who can look after them and provide them the required assistance. They also need help with their food and medicine. They need someone who can talk to them, which can help them pass their free time in an enjoyable way.
- What skills can young people learn from older people?
Youngsters can learn multiple life skills from seniors. They can learn to manage their personal and professional life, as they have lifelong experience. Then, they can learn from them how they can enjoy good days and face bad days.
WHAT IS IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
Click here to see the latest cue cards list
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.