Describe a piece of good news you heard from others
You must say:
What was it?
When did you receive this news?
How did you receive this news?
Why do you feel it was good news?
- The piece of good news I heard from others was that my best friend had landed her dream job.
- She had been job hunting for several months and had been through several interviews, so when I received the news, I was overjoyed for her.
- I received this news on a Friday evening, as I was getting ready to go out.
- I received a call from her on my mobile phone, and she told me the good news.
- Her voice was filled with excitement and happiness.
- I could tell that she was ecstatic about the opportunity.
- She had been offered a job as a marketing manager at a well-known company.
- She was thrilled about the opportunity to work with such a reputable organization.
- The job offered her a great salary, benefits, and the chance to work with a team of experienced professionals.
- I felt that this was good news for her because it was her dream job.
- She had worked very hard to achieve it.
- She had been looking for a job for several months and had been through several interviews.
- She had always wanted to work in marketing, and this job would give her the opportunity to work in her dream field and with a well-known company.
- Furthermore, I felt that this job will provide her with a sense of stability and security.
- It will also help her to gain more experience and knowledge in her field, which will help her to grow both professionally and personally.
- I was very happy to hear the good news that my best friend had landed her dream job.
- It was a well-deserved opportunity for her and I knew that she would excel in the role.
- I was so glad that she was able to achieve her dream.
- This job would bring her a lot of happiness and satisfaction.
- It was a great feeling to see her so excited and happy about this opportunity.
- I knew that this job would be a great step forward in her career.
- I was happy for her and knew that this job would open up many opportunities for her in the future.
- It was truly a piece of good news that brought happiness to me and my friend.
1. How do people share good news?
People share good news through verbal communication, such as talking and phone calls, written communication, such as text messages, emails, or social media posts, and also through in-person celebrations and gatherings.
2. How does modern technology affect the delivery of information?
Modern technology affects the delivery of information by making it faster, more accessible and more diverse. It allows for information to be shared quickly and easily through various platforms such as the internet and social media, which in turn can be accessed from anywhere and at any time. Additionally, it allows for a wider range of information to be shared and consumed, such as videos, images and audio content.
3. When do people share good news?
People share good news when they want to share their excitement and happiness with others, usually as soon as possible or when the timing is appropriate.
4. What kind of good news do people like to hear?
People like to hear good news that is positive, uplifting and has a personal relevance to them such as birth of a new baby, a new job, a successful project, a new relationship, a graduation, a promotion, a new home, a vacation etc.
5. Why do people share news on social media?
People share news on social media because it allows them to easily and quickly share information with a large group of people, and also to receive instant feedback, reactions and comments. It allows them to stay connected with friends and family and also to share their experiences and thoughts with a wider audience.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
Click here to see the latest cue cards list
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.