Describe a time when you were late
You must say:
When was it?
Why were you late?
How did you feel about being late?
- One time that I was late was for an important job interview.
- The interview was scheduled for 9 am and I was running late.
- I woke up later than I had planned.
- I had underestimated the time it would take me to get ready and get to the location of the interview.
- I realized I was going to be late at about 8:30 am and I immediately panicked.
- I was running around my apartment trying to get ready as quickly as possible, but I was still running behind.
- I had to rush out the door without eating breakfast or having my coffee, which I usually have in the morning.
- The reason why I was late was that I had set my alarm clock wrong the night before, and I didn’t wake up in time.
- I also took longer than I expected to get ready. I had also thought that the traffic will be less, but it was actually quite heavy.
- As I was driving to the interview, I felt really anxious and stressed.
- I was worried that the interviewer would think I was not punctual or not interested in the job.
- I was also worried that the interviewer would not have time to interview me, and that I would have missed my opportunity.
- When I finally arrived at the location of the interview, I was about 20 minutes late.
- I was relieved to find that the interviewer was still there and willing to see me, but I was still feeling quite embarrassed about being late.
- The interviewer was understanding and we went on with the interview.
- Looking back, I realize that being late for the interview was a valuable lesson for me.
- It taught me the importance of being punctual and the importance of planning and time management.
- It also taught me to always double-check my alarm clock and to always leave a little extra time for unforeseen circumstances.
- Since then, I always make sure to give myself enough time to get ready.
- I also check my routes before leaving to make sure there aren’t any traffic delays.
1. What types of excuses people use when they are late?
People may use a variety of excuses when they are late, such as traffic, oversleeping, or unexpected events. Everyone has been late to something at least once in their lives. Regardless of the excuse, it’s important to recognize that being late can have consequences.
2. How do people usually organize their time?
People may organize their time in different ways, such as using a calendar or to-do list, prioritizing tasks, or setting goals. Some people create plans for their day, week, month or year with the hope of achieving certain goals. Some people have a repeating cycle of tasks or activities, such as working and eating breakfast every morning.
3. Is planning important for time management?
Planning is considered important for time management as it helps individuals to set goals, prioritize tasks, and stay on track. Planning can also help individuals to manage their time better, and take into account the impact of distractions and interruptions. It is important for individuals to be able to set goals, prioritize tasks, and stay on track in order to manage their time effectively.
4. Is it important for children to learn to manage time?
It is important for children to learn to manage time as it helps them to develop good habits and skills for their future. Time management is an invaluable skill for children to learn. By teaching them how to manage their time, we can ensure that children to be successful in the future.
5. How would you teach your children time management?
To teach children time management, parents can use tools like calendars, timers, and to-do lists, set a schedule, and encourage them to prioritize tasks and set goals. Additionally, they can model good time management habits themselves and have open conversations with their children about time management.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
Click here to see the latest cue cards list
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.