WHAT IS A CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Describe a school you went to in your childhood
- where it was
- what it was like
- what you learned there
- and how you felt about it
Try to build a cue card using idea below:
- Had to change a number of schools
- As my father was in army
- However, from standard 5 onwards I studied in one school
- Krishna convent
- About 2 km away
- Not a very big school
- Have decent playground and good classroom
- Even not equipped with modern smart classroom
- positive vision of the school, teachers, friends
- very lucky to be in this school
- important aspects of education and life.
- studied about 8 years
- suitable environment for the kids
- 4 storied building of L shape
- 500 students there.
- teachers were very helpful and very friendly.
- teachers were very dedicated and caring
- helped us a lot to prepare for our study
- taught us about the values and ethics of life.
- the break time, I used to play with my classmates
- The childhood is magical and pleasant and for me,
- In touch with teachers as well
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.