Speaking part 1:Topic- New Year
- How do you celebrate New Year?
- Do you still remember a New Year that you celebrated?
- Do you have any ceremonies to celebrate the New Year in your country?
- Why do people think New Year is a new beginning?
Question and Answers :
- How do you celebrate New Year?Well, my idea of a great New Year is to celebrate with my family and cousins. We all gather together and meet up at my place or at one of my uncles. My mom and my aunts prepare some delicious food for all of us. We all cook together, have dinner and have a gala time.
- Do you still remember a New Year that you celebrated?This new year that I remember was when I was pursuing my graduation. It so happened that my cousin had got admission in one of the premier engineering institutes in Assam and was leaving in 2 months. So, we decided to celebrate the new year in a special way by going to a beach party in Goa.
- Do you have any ceremonies to celebrate the New Year in your country?We don’t have any ceremonies for New Year, i.e; 1st January. Just some youngsters partying with their friends and a majority of the people spending time with their families. However, we do celebrate New Year according to the lunar calendar. For instance, Baisakhi in Punjab, Pongal in Tamil Nadu, Gudi Padwa in Maharashtra, etc.
- Why do people think New Year is a new beginning?People perceive the new year to be a fresh beginning as it brings with it the opportunity to leave behind our past and scale new heights in the upcoming year. We can rectify all our past mistakes and work on ourselves with new goals to achieve.