Describe an Item on which you spent more than expected?
What it is?
How much did you spent on it?
Why you bought it?
Explain why you think you spent more than expected?
- Well, the cost plays a considerable role while purchasing something, and that’s why people generally make a budget before buying something.
- Here, I would like to talk about a time when I spent a hefty amount on a new laptop.
- Actually, I’m working in the IT field, so I use the computer every day to complete various professional tasks.
- Last year, due to the Covid-19 lockdown, my company started a work-from-home policy in order to efficiently run the business.
- I was unable to perform my job tasks on the existing desktop computer due to its poor performance.
- So, I made up my mind regarding buying a new PC.
- For this, my initial budget was around 25000 rupees, but I ended up spending around 40000 rs.
- The main reason for this was that my friends and colleagues suggested to me that I should buy a laptop, instead of a desktop computer, due to easy portability.
- Therefore, I started searching for laptops of various brands with different features and configurations on online stores.
- Finally, I decided to purchase a laptop of the Dell brand, which was available on Amazon.
- This particular model had 1 TB memory, 16 GB ram and an i5 processor, which was in matte black color.
- Even though it was beyond my budget, it was perfect for my work.
- I placed the order using my credit card and luckily, I got a 5% instant discount from my Bank, which made me happy.
- I’m still using this laptop and I haven’t faced any problems while working on it.
- So, that was the time when I spent a large amount on my laptop.
- Do you often buy more than you expected?
I personally like to stay under my budget while buying something. This helps me save some amount of money, which I wisely utilize to build my assets or reinvest in my business. But, sometimes, I do spend more money, especially when I purchase electronic gadgets.
- What do you think young people spend most of their money on?
I believe youngsters spend a large proportion of their money on apparels, fashionable products and electronic items, as they are very much inclined towards such things. Then, they spend money with their friends when they eat outside or watch films or go for long drive.
- Do you think it is important to save money? Why?
Definitely, individuals should save up some amount of their monthly income. In this way, they can gather a large amount in the long run, which would eventually secure their future. For example, during Coronavirus pandemic lockdown, people used their saving to manage their monthly expenses.
- Do people buy things that they don’t need?
Yes, most people purchase items that they really don’t need. This is because due to the impact of advertisements, we are always ready to upgrade our existing products, so we can feel happy and satisfied. For example, when a new iPhone is launched, most iPhone users prefer to replace their old phone with the new one, so they can show their status to others.
WHAT IS IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.