Describe an English class or lesson that you enjoyed
You should say:
What was taught in the class
When did you take the class
Where it was?
What did the teacher do that made you enjoy it
- Well, English has always been my favorite subject and I have enjoyed English classes since my school days.
- Here I would like to mention an English class which I attended three years ago and really enjoyed.
- This class was related to IELTS essay writing.
- Actually, 3 years back, when I was planning to move abroad for higher studies, I had joined an IELTS coaching institute in Ludhiana.
- They invited the best teacher in the town to deliver the lecture on the valuable techniques of essay writing.
- I liked this class because it was quite different from an ordinary essay writing class in any institute.
- As it was a very interactive class where the instructor took the views of all the students regarding the statement of essay written on the whiteboard.
- Then she directed us to focus on ‘what the question is actually asking from us’.
- She mentioned that 80% of the times students fail to achieve the target score in writing is that students usually do not pay attention to the ‘what is asked’ in the question.
- Rather than doing this, they focus on other things like fancy vocabulary or more ideas which results in deviation from the question’s demand and lesser score.
- She also showed her essay samples in the class.
- At the end, she dictated the whole essay in the class which helped us significantly in improving our essay writing skills.
- So, it was something we can call ‘a live writing class’ in the most interactive way possible, which made me enjoy it a lot.
- What are the benefits of learning a foreign language?
When it comes to the benefits of learning a foreign language there are endless benefits for the same such as a person who knows the foreign language, he can easily get along with the natives of the foreign country. This adds to his better stay in the foreign country. Moreover, when we learn any foreign language, it enhances our cognitive skills as well.
2. What are the benefits of being a foreign language teacher?
Primarily, being a foreign language teacher, one can level-up his/her own language skills while teaching others. Along with this, this is itself an achievement that being a foreign language instructor you are connecting the people of two different nations.
3. Will computers replace foreign language teachers in the future?
Undoubtedly, nowadays, students can learn the language on computer to some extent but when it comes to guidance, a teacher is always required. Computers can never guide its students. So, I don’t think computers can replace foreign language teachers in the future.
- Is grammar the most difficult part about learning a foreign language?
Definitely, grammar is the most difficult part about learning a foreign language. As for the English language, it is commonly seen that most people find it hard to learn tenses and their rules while making sentences.
- Do you think grammar is important in language learning?
According to me, grammar is the only important thing for learning a foreign language. Because grammar is the base of any language, and if the base is strong then learning any language is not a big deal.