Describe a time you bought something from a street or outdoor market
When it was
Where the market was
What you bought
And how you felt about it
- Well, I’m a shopaholic person, so I like buying new items for my personal use and other purposes.
- Here, I would like to talk about a time when I bought a study table from an open-air market.
- Actually, there is a very famous street market called ‘ Sarojini market’ where I live and it is also very close to my home.
- I usually visit there in the evening or at weekends with my friends or family members to purchase daily necessities or to eat something.
- A couple of months back, I went to this market to purchase a foldable study and laptop table for me.
- At that time, I had to attend online classes at home in which I had to use my mobile while making notes.
- I have to say it was quite difficult for me to hold my phone in one hand and write with the other hand at the same time.
- So, I visited this market to purchase a foldable study table.
- I visited a few shops, but I didn’t find anything suitable.
- Luckily, I found a wonderful table in my favorite navy blue color.
- It had three slots for mobile, water bottle, and stationery on its top.
- I couldn’t resist buying it, as the price was comparatively quite low in this market.
- I must say, my studying experience has improved a lot since I purchased this table because I can also use it while laying in bed.
- So, that was the time when I purchased a study table from a street market.
1 What kind of markets are there in India?
Well, in India, there are all types of markets. There are big shopping complexes and supermarkets, especially in urban areas. Then, there are small shops and open-air markets, which are available in rural as well as in urban areas. People visit all these markets as per their income and needs.
2 Do you think small markets will disappear in the future?
No, certainly not. Small shops will not disappear in the future because these shops are accessed by people from all financial backgrounds. Even though big shopping complexes have gained a lot of popularity among shoppers and have affected the sales of local shops, it does not mean they will completely shut down local markets.
3 Have people’s shopping habits changed in recent years?
Yes, individuals’ shopping habits have altered in the last few years. Earlier, people used to buy products from local shops. But, now they can purchase everything on the internet through various websites, like Flipkart and Amazon, where they get more variety and discounts than any local market. Therefore, it can be said that there is a big change in people’s buying habits.
4 What are the differences between shopping in street markets and big shopping malls?
There is a vast difference between shopping in street markets and in shopping malls. In street markets, people get non-branded items and their prices are usually less as compared to shopping centers. People can also bargain with the shopkeepers while buying something. In big shopping complexes, people have to pick up products from the racks on their own. They cannot bargain with the salespersons, as the prices are fixed.
WHAT IS IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.