Describe a time when you helped a friend
When was it?
How you helped him/her?
Why you helped him/her?
And how you felt about it?
- People generally give and take help from one another when they are in need.
- I always try my best to help out people around me in whatever possible way I can do.
- Here, I would like to talk about a time when I assisted one of my best friends, Amit, in his work.
- Amit is my college friend, and he’s very special to me.
- He has been working as a web developer for more than three years.
- A couple of months back, he was assigned a very important project, which was to create a shopping website.
- He and his teammates had to complete this project within a week, which was a very limited time.
- Although it was not the first time he was working on that kind of website, he still faced a lot of difficulties.
- There were some potential issues that he and his team members were unable to figure out.
- One day, he asked for my assistance regarding this project, as I have great experience in building shopping cart websites.
- On the following day, we began working on this project together at home.
- I have to say it was a cumbersome task for me to come across the main issue of this website.
- Fortunately, we found the error with the server and fixed it.
- The website started working properly, and he was more than happy.
- Helping my friend gave me a sense of satisfaction, and solving his problem boosted my confidence.
- As a result, they were able to submit their website before the deadline.
- He and his teammates thanked me and appreciated my efforts.
- So, this was the moment when I assisted my friend.
- Now, sometimes we work together to learn new concepts from each other, which helps us become experts in our field.
- How do people usually help each other?
Individuals help one another in many different ways. They provide support to their close friends and relatives by giving them money or by giving sympathy in tough times. Moreover, young people assist their friends in their studies by sharing notes and other study materials.
- How is online help different from real-life help?
There is a big difference between helping someone on the internet and in real life. When a person helps others in real life, they get an emotional touch. Whereas, in the case of online help, people can provide assistance to poor people all around the globe. They can also do charity online through various charitable organizations.
- Should school be responsible for teaching students how to cooperate?
Yes, I think so. Children spend most of their time acquiring knowledge and discipline in school, so teachers can also instill this skill. Therefore, I think a school is an ideal place for pupils to learn to become cooperative.
- What are the differences between help from friends and help from family?
I believe there is much difference between getting help from best friends and family. We don’t need to do anything for family members when they help us, as we take it for granted. However, with friends, we feel obligated to do something in replacement while receiving help.
- Do you like helping others?
Of Course, I like it. When I assist others in any way, I get inner satisfaction and happiness. Moreover, I think it’s my moral responsibility to do something for others.
- Should parents teach helping others to their children?
Definitely, they should. Kids learn many life skills from their parents in a tender age to easily impart this thing to their children. Parents should try to help others in front of their kids, and kids will automatically become helpful individuals in their later life.
- Do you think nowadays people do more good work as compared to the past?
Well, it’s not true. Unfortunately, today people have become materialistic and straightforward, so they don’t like to help others in any way. Whereas, in the past, people used to be very helpful and honest, so life was very simple.
- What is the most important way for a country to help foreigners who are visiting the country?
I believe there are many ways through which foreign tourists can be helped. They can be assisted by taking them to their destinations or by telling them the route, so they won’t face any difficulty in reaching their place. Then, local people can provide them quality service through food, accommodation, and transportation, so they can take back lovely memories to their native countries and eventually bring more tourists.
WHAT IS IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.