Describe a live sports match that you have watched
What was it?
When you watched it?
What was it like?
And how you felt about it?
- Sports help in bringing enormous health benefits to individuals.
- Nowadays, many people like to spend their leisure time watching sports matches either live or on TV.
- Here, I would like to talk about a time when I watched a live cricket match at Dharamshala.
- During the last T-20 cricket world cup, I got the opportunity to attend a cricket match at this stadium, which was between Australia and New Zealand.
- As I’m a die-hard fan of cricket, I really wanted to watch this match live.
- Luckily, it was a weekend on that particular day, so my friends and I decided to go to this place to watch the match.
- This stadium is located in Kangra valley, which gives the audience a magnificent view of mountains.
- Therefore, it was more like a holiday tour for all of us.
- I have to say, on that day, the stadium was fully packed with spectators, and they were shouting loudly to cheer up their favorite teams.
- India won the toss and decided to bat first.
- The competition was really tough between both teams, as it was a do-or-die situation for them.
- However, India was able to win this match due to its bowling and some wonderful catches by Indian players in the last few overs.
- There were a few moments in the match when I got goosebumps.
- After the match, everyone was looking happy, as India won this important match and went into the quarter-finals.
- Then, my friends and I did some sightseeing at this place and enjoyed some local cuisines.
- The next day, we headed back on our journey.
- Watching this cricket match live was a wonderful experience for all of us.
- Do you prefer to watch live sports or watch it on TV?
Well, I like both. Watching a live sports match gives us a chance to enjoy more because we can cheer up our favourite players with other spectators. But, watching a match on television has its own benefits, as one can easily enjoy a match in their comfort zone. Moreover, it is cheaper to watch sports matches on TV than watching in stadiums.
- Why do some people like to watch live sports?
I believe people love watching live sports events because they can escape from their daily lives. Nowadays, people are very busy with their work and day-to-day tasks, so they want to spend their free time with their friends and family by getting entertained. Therefore, they go out and watch such sports matches in stadiums, rather than at home on TV.
- What kind of sports do Indian people like to watch?
I think citizens of India like watching all sorts of sports matches. Indian people watch cricket, hockey, football, tennis, etc because they love sports. They prefer to watch sports matches on television as well as in stadiums. I personally like to watch cricket in the stadium whenever I get an opportunity.
- Do you think competition is good for students?
Certainly, there are a plethora of benefits for pupils to take part in competitions. Firstly, they get the opportunity to explore their inbuilt qualities,which can assist them in pursuing a career in that field. Secondly, they acquire some life skills, like teamwork, leadership skills, and confidence, which can be helpful for their future life. Finally, they become hard-working when they engage in such activities.
WHAT IS A IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.