Describe a difficult thing you did
What it was?
How did you complete it?
Why it was difficult?
And how you felt about doing it?
- Well, due to my challenging nature, I always like to do difficult things in my daily life.
- Here, I would like to talk about one particular thing that I did, which was river rafting.
- It’s an adventurous water sport, which is done in various parts of my country.
- If I talk about river rafting, the raft can carry 6-8 people, and the guide usually sits at the back to give instructions to the participants.
- Last year, I did this activity at Rishikesh when I visited there with my best friends during summer vacation.
- There my friends and I got fascinated to see people doing fun while participating in this activity.
- We decided to give it a try as no one from us has done this before.
- It was a daunting task for me, as I was feeling a little bit scared because I never experienced anything like that before.
- We wore life jackets and started paddling the raft forward in the water of the Ganga river.
- As we moved further, the speed started increasing significantly, and we were shouting loudly.
- During the journey, the raft went through the rapids of the river, which gave us a thrilling experience.
- It took us almost one hour to reach our destination where we enjoyed some snacks and drinks.
- I have to say it was the most enjoyable activity that I had ever done.
- So that was the difficult thing that I did along with my friends.
1: What kinds of jobs require people to be confident?
I believe all types of jobs require confident people. Employees need to perform various tasks at the workplace, like dealing with customers, leading a project or working with a team. So, people should have confidence in their skills and knowledge in order to become successful.
2: On what occasions should children be encouraged?
I would say young children should be motivated when they hesitate to do something. Parents should encourage their kids when they have to appear for exams or they have to take part in competitions because children often feel nervous and scared during such events. Apart from that they should be encouraged to achieve their goals, as today there are many things that can distract them from their path.
3: How do you help children stay focused?
I think kids can stay focused towards their studies, activities and goals by following a strict plan. There should be a proper time for each and every activity, so they do not get distracted by one while doing another one. For example, I do not allow my son to use phone while studying and playing because of distraction, and I allow him to use mobile in leisure time.
4: What challenges do young people face today?
The major challenge that youngsters face these days is competition. There is a lot more competition in every field whether it’s related to education or employment. Another main challenge is their mental health. Due to increasing expectations and inflation, most of them are under debit, so they are mentally no longer strong enough to cope with such situations.
WHAT IS IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD?
In the IELTS speaking test, the candidate is required to speak on a topic for about 1 to 2 minutes. The pattern of IELTS exam is designed to check the understanding level of English. The important thing to keep in mind that the topic given in IELTS speaking test cannot be changed. With the speaking topic, 3 to 4 cues are provided which helps candidates to answer the question to the point.
Here is the list of the latest cue cards which are released every four months.
IELTS exam is conducted all around the world and there are two types of exam Academic and General exam. Many people join IELTS preparation classes or coaching centres to improve their English skills. This helps many candidates to increase their band scores. On labotrees, you can IELTS preparation material for free.